Join us for Movie Night at the Library on Thursday, March 2nd at 6:30 p.m. for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Popcorn will be available!
Stop in to the Friends of the Library Book Sale!
Wednesday, February 22: Friends of the Library Member Pre-Sale during regular library hours
Thursday, February 23 - Sunday, February 26: All welcome during regular library hours
It's time for the 13th annual Illustrate-a-Book Contest! The contest is a great way for youth in grades K-12 to show off artistic talents and share them with the community. To participate, just create an original drawing based on a book, such as a favorite scene or character.
- Open to all youth, grades K-12
- One entry per person
- Entries must be on 8.5x11 or 9/12 paper
- On the front of the drawing, include the book title. On the back of the drawing, include:
- Teacher's Name
- Home-schooled students should use their address and phone number in place of school and teacher's name.
- Entries must be original. No plagiarizing.
- Books based on animated films are not permitted
- Any type of media - colored pencils, crayons, markers, paint, collage or mixed media - may be used
Submission deadline is Sunday, March 5 by 5:00 p.m. Winners will be selected out of four categories: K-2nd Grade, 3rd-5th Grade, 6th-8th Grade, and 9th-12th Grade.
Winners will be announced on Friday, March 17th. All contestants are invited to the awards ceremony on Saturday, April 8th at 2:00 p.m.
Stop in the Library or contact Katherine Eberline (692-9407) with any questions.
9:30 AM - 9 PM
9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
1 PM - 5 PM
Closed Sundays in August
Brookings Public Library
515 3rd Street
Brookings SD 57006